When it comes to alarms protecting your property from the impact of crime or fire, you can’t afford to take any chances.
The correct choice of security or fire protection system and systems installer is vital. Having an installer in whom you can trust, will not only give you peace of mind, but it will also demonstrate to your insurer that you have acted responsibly to protect your business.
NSI NACOSS Gold approved and ISO9001:2008 UKAS Quality Assurance Certificated, P & R Alarms Ltd, has demonstrated competence and financial probity in the management of their business, and they also demonstrate technical competence and ethical conduct when it comes to providing fire and security services to you. NSI NACOSS Gold Approval means that you can be confident in the quality of services provided.
Increasingly, insurers require evidence that all reasonable steps have been taken to mitigate risk and/or to ensure the safety of personnel within the workplace. Using an NSI NACOSS Gold approved Installer will ensure that you meet or exceed your insurer’s requirements.
NACOSS check the following, so that you don’t have to:
- Personnel have been screened to the relevant British Standard
- Competence and experience of management and staff
- Insurance cover is relevant to the level and nature of work undertaken
- Premises are adequate for their activity and that the security of documentation and records is ensured
- That best-practice standards are maintained and that staff are competent to install security systems
- That sufficient staff and resources are employed to provide the services offered
- Compliance with all relevant British or European standards and codes of practice
- Identity cards are carried
NACOSS’ skilled assessors regularly check all of the above and the quality of workmanship undertaken to ensure that standards are maintained.
Police services in the UK will only offer a response to verified alarm signals from a monitored alarm system which has been granted a Police URN (Unique Reference Number), the aim being to provide an effective response to genuine intruder alarms. Monitored systems can only be installed by certificated providers and must be subject to a maintenance agreement. Excess false alarms will jeopardise Police response. The Police will continue to respond to 999 calls as appropriate.
P & R Alarms Limited are certificated in accordance with the NPCC (National Police Chief Council) unified Policy, therefore they can obtain Police URN’s for the systems they install. The unified Policy is supported by insurers.